Youth, especially Youth At-Risk (youth and children in conflict with law, youth and children who use drugs, youth living in families with criminal and drug abuse history, street youth, Roma youth, youth without parental care) are the most important project’s beneficiary.
The EU funded project ARYSE (At-Risk Youth Social Empowerment) is implemented in 6 Western Balkans countries, and the project partners are:
- ARSIS (Albania),
- Association Margina (Bosnia and Herzegovina),
- HOPS (Macedonia),
- Juventas (Montenegro),
- NGO Labyrinth (Kosova),
- Prevent (Serbia) and
- SHL Foundation from Germany that has a role of consultant.
The project foresees achievement of four expected results, including:
- Result 1: Facilitated exchange of knowledge, skills and connections between CSOs at the Balkans and the EU, by forming the first At-Risk Youth Support Entity (ARYSE Network) in the Balkans and increasing the level of their future cooperation.
- Result 2: Raised CSOs’ capacities for monitoring, advocacy, strategic planning, PR and funding diversification in relation to Youth At-Risk in the Balkans, through trainings, know-how, mentoring, sub-granting activities and social delivery standards’ development.
- Result 3: Increased level of social dialogue and involvement of CSOs in decision making and reform processes in the region, by establishing effective and sustainable mechanisms of dialogue between Governments and civil society.
- Result 4: Raised public awareness on the issues related to Youth At-Risk in the Balkans, thus increasing the impact of targeted CSOs in campaigning and advocacy actions.
The overall aim of the action is: to contribute to achievement of social inclusion of most At-Risk Youth at the regional level, by strengthening CSOs capacities, regional/national cooperation and advocacy actions. The specific objective of the action is: to support equal access to education, employment, justice and other related fields to most At-Risk Youth in the Balkan countries, by fostering the level of active participation and inclusion of CSOs representing young people in decision making and reform processes. Main target groups of this project are:
- CSOs and relevant state authorities from min. 6 countries (the ARYSE network will involve other CSOs from the region, possibly even Turkey during the project’s realization),
- numerous international stakeholders (EU, UNICEF, UNDP, IOM…),
- education facilities,
- employment offices,
- business sector,
- parents and young people (mainly At-Risk Youth).
Planned project’s activities are grouped into 4 clusters, all of them inter-related and each one leading towards fulfillment of one of the four expected results of the project. Activities that need to be implemented in order to achieve Result 1 are the following:
- A1.0 – Establishing a project team and the inception phase;
- A1.1 – Conducting a general research in each country and producing 2 policy papers;
- A1.2 – Holding regular meetings with key stakeholders and project partners;
- A1.3 – Official launching of the ARYSE Network at the founding conference. Activities that need to be implemented in order to achieve Result 2 are the following:
- A2.1 – Organizing 4 international joint trainings for Network members and project stakeholders;
- A2.2 – Holding 2 national trainings in each partner country;
- A2.3 – Providing a regular mentoring support and know-how to CSOs, members of the ARYSE Network;
- A2.4 – Implementing sub-granting in each country;
- A2.5 – Creating joint standards in social delivery when working with At-Risk Youth;
- A2.6 – Developing 7 guidelines for working with specific categories of At-Risk Youth (1 for each group of youth at risk, such as: youth with history of drug abuse, youth in conflict with law, LGBT, youth living in the streets…);
- A2.6.1 – Developing 7 guidelines on social delivery standards and practices when working with target groups for CSOs and GOs.
- A2.6.2 – Presenting the results achieved at 6 round tables, one in each country. Activities that will lead towards achieving the Result 3 are the following:
- A3.1 – Establishing national working groups with state authorities and CSOs in each country;
- A3.2 – Creating a regional consultation body which consists of Network members/state representatives; A3.3 – Organizing an International Conference with main target groups of the project;
- A3.4 – Holding several joint meetings and creating joint strategic Guidelines for the Balkans;
- A3.5 – Organizing national public debates. Activities that will lead towards achieving the Result 4 are: A4.1 – Organizing regular press conferences in each country;
- A4.2 – Creating an internet platform for the ARYSE Network/Project, with a support for mobile phones;
- A4.3 – Creating a joint documentary raising awareness video;
- A4.4 – Creating a theatre play;
- A4.5 – Continuous media/internet campaign for the public.